Backety-Yak

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Burr!!

Well, I went home (to Ohio) for Thanksgiving last weekend. It was very nice to see my family. It had been a while since I had been home. During the return trip on Sunday the weather turned horrid. It took us an hour an a half to go 20 miles! Not to mention during those 20 miles we saw at least ten cars off the road. So here I am, snowed into my apartment. I took my dog out this morning and the snow was so deep that she couldn't even walk through it. She is a small dog (10 lbs), but regardless, I am stuck here because it is dangerous to be out and about.

I go to the doctor next week. I am a bit anxious just to hear what he has to say. I think I have already talked myself into getting surgery. I have prepared myself for the gigantic scar going down my back. I am prepared to be out of service for a few months. I just want to know for sure that it is going to happen so I can finish planning the next few years of my life.

There is nothing worse than waiting. Especially if you have an imagination like mine. I can't help by wonder what it is going to be like, weighing the good and the bad. I imagine myself 15 years from now without the surgery and what I see isn't good.

But, in the mean time, I will sit here, paitently waiting to go to the doctor. Then when I see the doctor, I will wait paitently for whatever the next step may be. One thing is for sure though, here in frosty North Dakota, I will be trying my hardest to stay warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home